Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Big Boy Room

The house is busy with transition as we prepare for the arrival of baby Colin. Furniture is being moved, clothes are being reorganized, and baby gear is being rediscovered and put together. In general lots of things are being done to prepare for our new arrival.

I was apprehensive about the biggest change for the the boys, which was moving Eli to a big boy bed in Walker's room.

We put the bed together a few weeks before we moved Eli out of the crib and started calling it "the big boy room." He seemed really excited about the move, but I was concerned about how it would go.

It went beautifully. We had three nights of laughing and chatting at bedtime, but after that we haven't heard a peep. Eli gets so excited about going to bed and runs to their room when it is time to read stories and settle down.

Of course Eli now has the same bedtime demands as Walker - for a flashlight and a cup of water, but whatever it takes to make him feel like a big boy.

Nap time as been good some days and not so good other days. On those not good days I have been able to move Eli (the talking troublemaker) into our room to sleep. This works out just fine, but of course I have to find a different place to nap. :)

I tiptoed in their room the other night to take a few pictures. They didn't even budge when the flash went off. In fact when one of them wakes up in the middle of the night and cries out for us, it doesn't even wake the other. I hope they sleep this soundly when Colin is waking up in the middle of the night!

Big Boy Bed

Big Brother

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sleeping baby pictures are my absolute favorite!! Sooo cute!

Kristine said...

I was just going to say that sleeping babies are my favorite, too :) *sigh*

Hannah said...

Precious! Is that an Angel Dear lovey in Eli's bed? Aidie has 3 now because she loves them sooo much. I could spot one from a mile away!
We are so excited that Colin will be here soon!

Matt said...

Cant believe you were able to get pictures of them asleep! I am amazed!

Holly Browder said...

I am so happy it is going so well!! I can't believe how fast time is going!