Monday, March 21, 2011

The Sounds of Today

I love this place where I log reminders in words and pictures of our family adventures, but the posts I come back to time and time again are the videos where I can see and hear exactly who these kids were in that moment in time.

We started our day outside. A perfect day in central Alabama with sunshine, a slight breeze and a private backyard that welcomes mommy in her pj's with a cup of coffee.

Walker has started singing. A lot.  I love it.  Jason and I make up songs all the time and now the boys are doing it, but they also have a few songs they sing all the time. Some of Walker's are about trains, imagine that.



There was some train building and train playing.


Playing in peace. Working as a team. Because they are best friends and have practiced so much.


Mid-day baths.


2/3 of the boys were exhausted from yesterday's adventures and crashed shortly after lunch into naps I was most jealous of.
Post busy weekend crash.

And now we are back outside again. Enjoying all this Monday has to offer, and listening intently to the breeze and the sounds of little boys.

IMG_1119

PS - "Someone" (pictured above) might be in the worst mood ever due to a mix of feeling lousy, steroids, breathing treatments and teething so there might have been some other sounds of the day, but I'm willing to let those fade into distant memory and hold onto these.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh how fabulous! We really need a warm day to play outside here!

Steph