Thursday, August 4, 2011

Short Legs, Floppy Ears, Wagging Tails, and Giant Hearts

Much dachshund improvement means enjoying a bit of sunshine and grass

I miss our dogs.  I really didn't think I would miss them this much.  I thought I would enjoy the dog-free house a bit more.

Now, I haven't cleaned up a doggie accident in a two months, so my mind might be making things a bit nostalgic, but I do miss them.

They are living with Jason's parents (also known as doggie paradise), but I wish they were here.

I miss the joyful welcome each time we return home.

I miss the warm snuggles while movie watching.

I miss them vacuuming up all the kids' crumbs.

I miss always having happy company who just wants to be with you.

The boys miss them, too.  They've always been there, and now they are not.

Walker and the Dogs

Turns out the church we are a part of here has "The Highway Wiener Nationals."  Every year they host about 60 dachshunds for races.

We thought this would be a good opportunity to see some sweet dachshunds, pet some floppy ears and feel a bit better.  Of course, it only made us miss them more, but I'm still glad we went.

Watching the dachshund races. Sure do miss those floppy ears and wagging tales.

It was hilarious and fun.

The one where the dachshund runs so fast, she runs right out of her jersey.


I like the dog in the yellow who takes an immediate hard right to the awards stand.


And the grande finale.


This is a sight everyone should see once in their life.

2 comments:

DisneyGran said...

I think paradise is being at home with your family and we could never replace that. We could take them to watch a marathon but I don't think it would make them feel better either. I know you would prefer to see them racing around the backyard and they would prefer to be running around the backyard with all of you! Believe me, they miss you too.

DisneyGran said...

I think paradise it being at home with your family and we could never replace that. We could take them to watch a marathon, but I don't think it would make them feel any better. I think you would prefer watching them race around the backyard and they would prefer racing around the backyard with all of you. Trust me, they miss you too!