Monday, September 5, 2011

August

There is so much to say and remember from the last month.  I'm feeling my words return as autumn and change are coming upon us.  Here are some highlights to catch us up with more to come hopefully.

There was park play and more going down "the big slide."
San Mateo Coyote Pointe

Really, a big slide.
San Mateo Coyote Pointe
As many times as their little legs could carry them up the steps.

There were new bikes and new bike riding adventures.
Shoreline Park

Someone got a broken arm out of these adventures.
Eli's Arm

It was (of course) Eli who gathered another boy battle wound.  It has not slowed him down a bit, and he even got a fancy green arm for a while.
"Take a picture of my cast!"

There were more adventures in Santa Cruz, and we even sprung for some tickets this time.  You know, to ride the rides a bit.
Santa Cruz 8.26.2011

And icees, we sprung for icees.  Honestly, you have no idea how cute Colin is when he asks for an icee, but Colin knows how cute he is so mommy and daddy obliged.
Santa Cruz 8.26.2011

Grandma broke her hip, I simply had to be with her.  So, with the support of my amazing husband our housemates, the Wyrosdicks, off I flew to see with my own eyes that she was going to be just fine.
Tonight I got to fly from night to day, chasing the sun. It slipped away in Pheonix.
(and she is)

There was that time we took all the kids to the Chili's bar so we could watch the kick-off to college football.

(it actually went pretty well and everything here is smoke-free)

There were more thrill rides at the amusement park.
Great America 9.3.2011

Seriously, how did he get old enough for this?
Great America 9.3.2011

This summer is flying away, but I am doing my best to tuck it all deep inside.  I feel pretty strongly that this time and these experiences are going to be with us all for a long time.
Santa Cruz 8.26.2011

No comments: