Friday, March 23, 2012

Marching Into Big-Kid Land.

Five makes him such a big kid. Gone is my little baby, and here sits a big boy with the personality to spare.  I miss my little chubby blond boy who wanted nothing more than mommy to hold him, but oh how I love spending my days with this wonderful child.

Sidewalk Chalk

He has an amazing artist touch, but only if it is his idea.

Art Time

How handsome can one kid be?  I personally believe he should be the new advertising model for Auburn University.

Auburn 11.19.2011

This was the year of wearing the batman costume, everywhere. I mean I know this picture is from Halloween, but really, he wore it almost everyday for six months.

Halloween 2011

He is our water child, with no fear of the water.  Even when the temperature is frigidly uncomfortable for everyone else.

Disneyland Day 1

This is the year he fell in love with the Pacific Ocean when his brothers weren't so sure.

Beach Day 9.18.2011

He would stay at the shore all day, every day, if only it were possible.

Half Moon Bay

This was year of the broken arm, twice. Neither time did it slow him down a bit.

Santa Cruz 8.26.2011

Kind, loving, giving, handsome, rough, loud, wild, smart, adventurous, fun, happy, emotional, expressive, and a pure JOY to watch grow and become the amazing person God intends him to be.

Backyard 4.13.2011

His daddy, when asked to describe him in one word said, "Lionhearted." Perfect. Because that is exactly who he is.
Monterey Bay, CA

And because I'm his momma, you know I have to look back.  I mean, what a beautiful baby. Oh, how the time has flown.

A great Eli smile

Eli

On turning 4.  And 3.  And 2And 1. And meeting this precious boy.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

How sweet! He is turning into a young handsome boy.

Kristine said...

Sweet. A great glimpse into who he's becoming. It's so amazing to see them growing into little people! We love you, Eli!! And yes... 5 is hard.

Anonymous said...

I think you keep commenting on his good looks because he looks so much like his mommy....just sayyyyin.

a Carrie said...

I love looking back on the baby pictures.