Monday, August 13, 2012

Ducklings

ducklings

We are in love with the mommas and the ducklings wandering around our little home away from home.  I mean everyone loves baby animals, right?

Each time we walk out of the door the boys beg to go and see the ducklings, and there are several sets so we are usually not disappointed.

The other night when we came home there was a momma and her seven little ones on our porch.  The boys were thrilled that they had graced us with the presence.  Of course it doesn't last long once the boys show up, but it doesn't quell their excitement.

There are several little ponds around the property.  The ducks clearly find the water is their safe place, where busy boys will not enter.

Walker is the most interested in the ducklings.


But they are all in love.


PS- I love how the momma duck has one different quack that signals all the ducklings to quickly follow behind her --- and they all the do it immediately. I need a "we are leaving the park" quack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, this made me smile! Just yesterday my son (18) rushed into the house and said, "Didn't you hear me honking (I had but just figured he was being silly)? There are a dozen wild turkeys crosssing the street into our front yard!

So I looked out the window and saw a bunch of babies running towards the woods with parents in tow. Not nearly as cute as DUCKS but still a thrill :).