Monday, January 14, 2013

Lydia Jane

Baby girl has a name and momma has a new @lisaleonard piece. Thanks @jasonmccay

Baby girl has a name.  Well, she has had a name.  We have been down the pregnancy road a few times and have yet to get the chance to actually name a baby girl.  So it is a strong possibility that this name has been sitting on reserve for just about six years.

When I was pregnant with Eli we were reading through Acts in our small group and I instantly loved the name Lydia.   It is also my great-grandmothers name, so double bonus.

Jane.  Grandma Jayne, oh how she loves the boys and would do anything for them. Also, my mom's name was Jan and Jason's mom's middle name is Janette.  So in her middle name we can honor all three grandmas.

This pregnancy has been the hardest thus far.  I would like to blame it on it being a baby girl, but it is more likely the cumulative effect of all the pregnancies, added (ahem) age, and constantly caring for the 3 busy boys in this house.  I am so grateful for a husband who, even with ridiculously huge business responsibilities has filled in the wide gaps I have been leaving behind.

She is a calm baby compared to the boys.  I didn't really feel her move until I was well past 20 weeks.  With the boys I could get my 10 kicks in about 3 minutes, with baby girl it may take the entire 2 hours allotted.

She loves crushed ice. It started out with sweet tea over the prefect ice and me frequenting BBQ places drive thru windows.  We have now moved on to Sprite over crushed ice and I'm glad that Sonic is opened almost 24 hours.

Also, she hates hamburgers.  Still 32 weeks into this thing and she still will not allow me to eat any form of ground beef without consequences.

I've always had a pretty strong sweet tooth (understatement) and it is still there, but I find myself occasionally turning down sweets in favor of real food.  Pregnancy crazy.

26 weeks with Baby Girl and  3 year old bath time.
26 Weeks

31 weeks.  And 3 1/2 years in the bathtub.
31 Weeks

Colin was a huge baby and the doctors are cautiously warning me that little Lydia might not be so little.  We shall just have to wait and see.  In the mean time I am overjoyed to be able carry this blessing each day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love her name!!! Sorry it's been a hard pregnancy but you are almost there!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of her with those 3 big brothers!

Kristine said...

You look amazing. You're going to be an awesome girl-mom. And she is going to be one lucky girl with these brothers!

Rachel said...

I love the name Lydia! And you look amazing. Seriously amazing!

a Carrie said...

You know I like the name :-)

a Carrie said...

You know I like the name :-)