Friday, December 13, 2013

Great-Grandparents and Trains

The boys, Lydia and I made the road trip to Atlanta during our time in Alabama.  I needed to visit with my grandparents and the boys always love their time with Grandma and Grandpa Hermie and their dog Hershey. {Side note: I always have to correct myself from saying, "the boys and I" and forgetting to add Lydia.  I mean it isn't like I actually forget her, I'm just so used to saying the "boys and I" that I do it all the time.}

We visited the local train museum, because of course we did.


Riding on the steam engine








The boys were not super cooperative with this pic, but I had to try to get and updated version of this one.



Same train a year and half earlier.

It felt so good to put my eyes on them and my arms around them. This year has brought many changes for my grandparents, but every minute with them is still a gift.

No comments: