Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Mommy Respite

While Jason has been gone I have been taken care of by our family and friends in a way that could only be the Holy Spirit providing for my care. I have not been alone for one night. Not one. I have either been surrounded by friends or family continuously and it has made this time so much better.

For a couple of days Pops took the big boys to Mississippi to visit my grandparents so I could have a few days with just one little boy.

A friend whose husband was also on the Tanzania trip graciously volunteered her family's condo on Lake Guntersville. Her mom went all out to take care of us. It was so wonderful. She had made the most excellent Costco run and stocked the kitchen. [As a side note: the fruit from Costco is amazing. It may be worth the $50 membership. Not one bad strawberry in the pack and the raspberries tasted like candy.]

Upon arrival we sat out on the deck and enjoyed the amazing view.
Lake View

Colin Enjoying the Deck

Colin was the perfect baby for the trip. He was super flexible and slept great. He did get me up early the second morning, but we were able to enjoy the sunrise and some time in The Word, so I was grateful that he did.
Lake Sunrise

Watching mommy eat the most amazing muffin that was the size of her head.
Early Rising Colin

It was so nice to be able to be with other ladies and not have to just be 'mom.' We missed Amber and Baby Titus, who got very sick the day we left, so we will have to make another trip to make up for her missing. We had a great time and I cannot wait for the next invite!

Pops dropped the boys off at Gammy and Grin's for the weekend and their fun adventures continued. I think it really helped them to make it through this time by having all the grandparent love they could handle.

No comments: