Thursday, February 4, 2010

Holy, Holy, Holy

We were driving the car yesterday. No radio, no movies, just quiet. From the way back I hear the sweetest, softest voice singing. It is my precious Eli, singing Holy, Holy, Holy. In perfect time, and in tune. And then, my heart exploded.




We don't sing hymns very often around here. Our praise sessions are usually led by Third Day or Needtobreathe, and about as traditional as we get would be some Hillsong. But, we go to Bible Study Fellowship each week. It is very structured. The kids are taught about Jesus and the importance of the Bible and they sing three hymns each week. I suppose my precious Eli has been paying attention.

(ignore the part in the middle where he says he doesn't like it. that is what he says when you want him to like something and i interrupted the dump truck races to get the video. and of course, it was better in the car, prompted by only himself.)

1 comment:

The Rhea Lane Families said...

oh my! how adorable! Little baby matt damon singing hymns! I miss him! Can we come over and watch them again soon?! (I am the BEST at inviting myself and hubbs to hang out with yall!!)