Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ages 1, 2, 3, and 4

Having the girls was great. It actually filled a void in the number system. 1 year (Colin) 2 years (Hannah and Leah) 3 years (Eli) 4 years (Walker). Fun times.

Of course, I did not get to document most of the week. Because, you know, I was actually taking care of the kids. However, I did manage to snag a few shots that sort of tell our story.

The Week in Pictures:

Walker taking on his role as the eldest and helping everyone down the very dangerous 3 foot slide.
Cousins 8.19.10

The checkout guy at Publix made a joke about the number of bananas I was buying. I made a joke back, "Gotta have something to feed the monkeys, right?" Poor guy totally missed it and thought I meant I had actual monkeys, not a house full of preschoolers. There were several seconds of uncomfortable explaining. Anyway, bananas...


I quite literally could not get the 2 blonde ones to separate to capture individual pictures. Love.
Cousins 8.19.10

This was the dachshunds general attitude for the week (and every week, really). "We want to be near the action, but not a part of the craziness. Kids over there, us over here."
Cousins 8.19.10

Twice, Twice! All 5 kiddos were asleep at the same time. Ahhh, the exhausting effect of playing with somebody other than your siblings.
(girls)

(boys)

We went to the state park on our first homeschooling field trip to see the birds and learn about conservation (I love everything about this picture, even though one day they will all probably hate it).

Baby had a slightly higher view than everyone else. He was happy and so was momma.

Hannah really likes animals. Like a whole lot. Even the black vulture is "so cute." Everyone else mostly enjoyed the being outside, but she wanted to know about each animal and "what's she doin'?"

Before you get too impressed, let me introduce you to my little assistant, Netflix. For when the walls start closing in.
VeggieTales

My hope is that these weeks become more frequently and these kids are always this comfortable and happy around each other.

2 comments:

The Rhea Lane Families said...

I love this post and how you write just like you talk... you are fun and i love you and this huge undertaking you are... under...taking! Yay teach!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

LOL about the bananas!

Steph