Monday, August 23, 2010

Little Girls

They are just different. Not better or worse, just different.
Cousins 8.19.10

They do not run outside to see the garbage truck. Rather they run inside at the mention that the garbage truck might come down the street, in 3 hours. Terrified of big trucks? What is this?

They do not yell and make loud train noises as they play, but what is that squealing and screeching all about? I'm used to little boy kind of loud (maybe a little too used to it), but one shrill scream and I'm thrown for a loop.

The sitting quietly and coloring and making sure to use all the colors, what could this be? Don't we want to do just enough to make mommy (or Aunt Katy, whatever) happy so we can get back to our trains?

I was surprised this week at the amount of differences I could see (and hear) between my boys and my nieces this week. Now they played together great and behaved basically the same as they would have in a group of all boys. I think it was just me who noticed the differences emerging between the two parties. Things I never think about, but are there for sure.

And there were ponytails! I got to fix tiny little girl hair!
Cousins 8.19.10

Cousins 8.19.10

If it were not for the fire truck in the back, wouldn't this be the perfect runway walk?
Cousins 8.19.10
A little not quiet 3 year old modeling. Must just come natural.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes they are totally different. I see it everyday with my four. I love that last picture of the future model.

Allyson said...

Haha cute post! definitely a difference! I like the coloring comment :) And yes, the screeching is annoying

Allyson said...

Cute post! I love the coloring comment and the runway walk. and yes the screeching is annoying :)

Unknown said...

You are SO right! Savannah and Cooper could not be more night and day different in every single thing! Amazing how different boys and girls actually are! The coloring thing is definitely right on!

Love said...

it is pretty amazing how many of their behaviors are just innate! loving her walk!

The Keoughs said...

Ah....little girls hair & pedicures!!
Or
Superheros and Matchbox cars.