Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Mischievous One

So the big news around here today is that Eli has the flu.  Poor kid has a fever and a cough, but is actually doing pretty well.

12.30.10

It would follow that I spent the better part of the day cleaning, sanitizing, and trying to keep Eli away from the other two boys.

12.30.10

12.30.10

Today, however, this turkey seized the opportunity to get into absolutely everything he shouldn't all. day. long.

12.30.10

He is usually not this mischievous, but today was impressive.  Of course each time he was discovered he would just flash those baby blues and grin and know in his heart he was about to get away with it. again.

First there were the remotes.  And the removal of the batteries in the remotes.

Then in a moment of sheer baby skill he managed to slide my coffee off the table and to pour it on the sofa and down the backside of my pants.  impressive. and a mess.

Oh and lunch,  upon finishing he took his plate and rubbed in on his head.  Turning the left over ketchup into fantastic hair gel.
12.30.10  (a bath this evening finally got rid of the ketchup remnants)

Followed by the candles (not lit of course, I'm not totally incompetent) in the front entry way being turned into building blocks and then the fun of shimming under the table after them as they rolled.

Then, of course, the cup of water left out by someone (read: daddy) last night was discovered.  I didn't hear the discovery.  I just heard the "Uh-Oh" and discovered a very, very wet kid.

And then my camera which was quickly abandoned upon discovery. {whew}

Immediately followed by grabbing my phone while I was putting the camera out of reach. clever.

And as I was putting the dishes away, I notice I was doing so in peace. Now, usually opening the dishwasher is like a homing sound for toddlers to come and interrupt the proceedings.  I should have known.  Well, I round the corner and there he is, laid out on his tummy playing with the iPad.  Now this was the exception to the rule.  He did not flash a smile when I took away the iPad.  In fact, it was quite the opposite response.

And finally.  Daddy comes home.  I am giggling and telling him about how mischievous his little one has been and as we are talking Colin is pulling his headphones out of his bag.  With a grin, of course.

It isn't cute every day, but today this precious little boy's antics were just enough to keep me laughing all day.  And his timing was perfect.  I sure needed someone in charge of laughs today.

No comments: