Friday, February 18, 2011

The Park and Ramblings

Random thoughts from our park adventure to share.

1. Walker is getting old enough to be a big help.  What, I'm not alone in this???  He can get out snack, help clean up (like for real help, not "we are learning to be a part of the process"), report to me on what his brothers are doing and reason with his brothers among other things.  Wow, so helpful to this mommy who has felt like "all babies, all the time" for so long.

Park Day

2. Ninety percent of the time at the park I am shadowing Colin.  He is the one most obviously in need of the supervision.  But yesterday, there was a point were Eli was stuck climbing up part of the playground so I went to rescue him.  I was too late and another parent had intervened (all the while Eli is screaming NO, NO I WANT MY MOMMY! (which I suppose is a good thing))

And in the moment I walked away from Colin he rolled down into a small ditch and was helped by another mom by the time I got back.  Mom of the Year, folks.  Her, not me.

Note the two sliding outfits.
Park Day

Park Day

So I dusted him off, changed his clothes and we continued out play time.

When the boys were younger I probably would have headed home immediately.  Worried about all manner of things including if I was capable of mothering multiple children, and if the other folks at the park were judging me.

But I am over both.  I cannot mother multiple children (or one for that matter) without the Lord.  He strengthens me and sometimes provides strangers to help with a wayward child. Hallelujah. 

I say this not to say, look how I have evolved and changed.  It is to say, I'm still making mistakes and sometimes struggling with chasing these kids around.  But that is okay, and it is totally worth any and all effort.

3. And lastly, Eli is still cute.  And all three of them need haircuts.
Park Day

See you at the park next time; deep thoughts, falling children and all.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

They are all adorable! And I don't recognize that park for anything, which is weird, because I thought I knew them all around here...

The Farmer Files said...

I am so glad for your transparency...so over what anyone else thinks about your kids at the park. As long as they are entertained and exhausted, park days almost promise easy sleep!

Misty said...

I love you! So needed to hear that:)