Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We Are Here

We are here for obedience and adventure.



Where is here, you ask?

We are transplanted to Mountain View, California for the summer and possibly beyond.

Jason and his business partner have been accepted to a program called Y Combinator for their product Mongo HQ.

On May 18th, Jason and all our necessary belongings headed west with a U Haul and our minivan.

The Moving Truck

On May 22nd, the kids and myself boarded an airplane and headed west.


The whole company; 4 adults and 5 kids are living together to make a serious attempt at making all this thing work, and to see just what adventure God has in store for us.

The Lord's provision has been amazing. The house, travel, amazing help from family and friends all have been remarkable.

Now we learn how to make a new life here. To live together, to meet knew people, to go new places, to build a company, but more than anything to live in the Lord's will at all costs.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear all about your time in CA! What an adventure!

Hannah said...

That picture of Walker and Eli carrying a box is too cute. I can't handle it. I felt lonely running by your house today & knowing you weren't inside.

BlessedMom said...

How exciting, Katy!! What a wonderful adventure! I think this would be such a great thing to do with my family. I sometimes wish we could just pack up and move somewhere new. Have so much fun!

Rachel said...

What?? How did I miss that move? Wow I feel out of the loop. I hope y'all have a great time and aren't too homesick!!

The Farmer Files said...

So thrilled for you!!! We are driving from San Diego to OR this summer. May see if we can hook up!

Big (((HUGS))). This is going to be awesome for your marriage and for your kids...in the long run. I have walked similar paths.

Sarah said...

After repeated California pics on Facebook, I hopped over to your blog to see what's up. What an adventure!!!! For us personally being far from home (South Texas) brought us closer as a family and made us depend on God all the more. Happy for you guys!

Sarah