Monday, October 17, 2011

The Key to the World

Walker's First Library Card

My first library card was blue paper with a metal plate in the corner with raised numbers on it.  The librarian would take a carbon copy rubbing of it in an old style credit card machine each time I used it.  I felt so grown up having a card with my name on it.  I carried it around in my velcro wallet with pride.

Last week it was Walker's turn.  One has to be five years old and able to write your first and last name. He practiced all morning (just to make sure) and then off we went to receive his first official library card.

Walker's First Library Card

His first selections:
Walker's First Library Card

I know you're shocked. Never could have predicted these selections. Nope, not a chance.

The whole experience was a bit nostalgic for me, but as with everything the times they have changed.

Most notably, checking the web address at the end of the book.
Great train book with website reference. Guess what we've been doing for 30 min? (All Aboard, A True Train Story(Kuklin))

Look at my big boy.  Hard to believe.

And just for a bit more mommy nostalgia, his first story. My, my how far we have come.
Learning about rainbows

1 comment:

dmbrown89 said...

I remember those days well. I am sure that he will soon be begging to go the same library that we always wanted to go to and just stay for hours.