Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Week Home

Home for a week.  It is wonderful and weird.

It is wonderful to be with our family and friends. Being with our people, being able to give real hugs, has fed my soul in ways only these relationships can.

It weirdly feels like we have bought the same house for the second time. At times it feels like we were never gone, and I don't like that feeling.

The Lord is teaching me so much of letting things go of this world.  While I still find too much comfort in these familiar places my attachment to this place, this "home" has faded over our time away.

But, Colin has (finally) escaped the pack n play.
Home 10.12.2011

And, it's like Christmas morning with all the toys that were left un-played with for the summer.
Home 10.12.2011
(Halloween costume preview)

Thankfully, the dogs and boys have started off a much better relationship this time around.
Home 10.12.2011
I think having boys beds on floor level has helped.  It is much easier to make friends with a dachshund if you provide a comfy nap spot.


And still lots and lots of this...
Home 10.12.2011
And more to come when (if?) the moving truck ever arrives.

Still settling in to the comfort in this very comfortable place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back! Sorry I haven't stopped by yet to tell you in person.