Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Oldest is Now Older - On Being 6

W. 6.

Walker is growing and becoming this person.  This baby who made me a momma just keeps getting better and better.

He never forgets anything.  He loves structure and traditions. If we do something one year for a holiday he expects it the next.

He will be hurried for no one. Enough said.

He is a sweet sensitive one.  He has difficulty drawing the line between pretend and reality in books, tv or movies.  I have to be careful when talking to him about the realities of this fallen world without destroying his fragile innocence.

He has big plans for each day.  Most every morning he wakes me up by tiptoeing into my room and standing by the bed. When I become aware of someone standing beside the bed and I peak open my eyes he whispers, "mommy I want my breakfast."  Every. Day.

He will eat almost anything, but his favorite food is a cheeseburger.  He calls the chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a the chicken burger so even where they do not serve burgers he can still order one.

His newest favorites are Legos and Transformers, but he still spends a good amount of time designing and building train layouts.  He says he is going to be a train engineer when he grows up.

He is breaking the phonics code.  He is reading some simple words.  He has finally started drawing figures. He is great at math.  He is is most interested in the science and history.  He absorbs everything we learn so much that I have to make sure I'm telling/reading the right thing because it immediately becomes fact.

He turned 6 and we celebrated his milestone.  Because, 6, wow. That is such a big kid, and he is.
W. 6.

And every time {every time} I ask my big kid 6 year old to smile for the camera. This is the face I get:
W. 6.

And because it's fun to look back:
Walker at 5 and Walker at 4 and Walker at 3 and Walker at 2 and Walker at 1 and In the Beginning

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, he's adorable!!

Steph

The Rhea Lane Families said...

Unreal how much they've all grown. I loved looking back! Happy birthday to that smart, darling child!

Anonymous said...

i hope walker's birthday was fabulous! just curious, are you homeschooling your boys? jeremy and i have toyed around with the thought of doing that with ours. knowing someone in real life could come in handy some day =)