Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's 2012



The chocolate, the hearts, the glitter, I love it all.  Valentine's day, for me, has always been a fun crafty holiday that comes with a side candy. Score.

I've never taken it too seriously.  Just another day to get to eat an extra dessert, spend more time in arts and crafts, and force the boys to draw with pink and purple. Presents are nice, but not necessary.

As the boys and I have been crafting and preparing for Valentine's we have been talking about love through the lens of Jesus.  What a wonderful reminder of love this has been for me. I mean it's been good for the boys and all, but I'm pretty sure God was having me teach myself this lesson.

Jesus love never holds back.  His love is LAVISH. It is a box of chocolates and flowers and dinner out and breakfast in bed and jewelry, it's everything. It's lavish on the big holidays, on the hallmark holidays, on the third Tuesday in August and every day in between.

We could not want for nothing more than the crazy love he has poured out on us and desires to pour out on us daily.  Hallelujah!


1 comment:

The Rhea Lane Families said...

Hallelujah is right!! Thats it. Walker just made this one of my top 5 McCay posts. HIL-ARIOUS!!