Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Washed White

My girls, my women, my ladies who lead me to Christ, I am so grateful for each one of them. We meet weekly (at least) and share the praise and the hardship, and are painfully honest and ridiculously silly all at the same time.

We knew we wanted to participate in a passover dinner together with our families.  Then Ann Voskamp posted the perfect tool to use. I wonder if she will ever know how greatly she is being using to minister and lead our generation?

We gathered. A week early, so everyone could attend, but really this celebration isn't about a date on the calendar it is a state of your heart.

Passover meal

I set the table with the finest. I cleaned the house and in the process, God prepared my heart. Rinsing plates has never been so spiritual. The entire day was a gift.

Passover meal

We read, we ate, we remembered.  Six small children were remarkably behaved, as only the Holy Spirit could ordain. We were reverent, and relaxed.  And we walked away encouraged and with a renewed and deeper understanding of all this Holy Week is.

Passover dinner really is for this Friday.  I cannot encourage you enough to give this a try.  We plan on celebrating and remembering each year.  Go on over and read some Ann, print out the directions and be blessed.

Also, linking up as part of Beth's, You Capture: White.  She has changed my indoor photography forever in helping me figure out the basics of white balance!  Notice the pictures above are actually white and not some strange orange, even though they were indoors on a rainy day.  So grateful for people who are willing to send a helpful email.

And just for good measure, here is my other favorite shot of white this week.

Also, these are his favorite socks.  He insist on them being pulled up.  I mean, who wouldn't?
Backyard Randoms

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Amen :)

Stillmary said...

I loved every word of your beautiful and spiritual post. The table pictures are very perfect AND appropriate but my favorite? The socks!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have a family gathering. Beautiful.

Tonya said...

Your table setting is gorgeous, as are your pictures of it. I could definitely use some practice with white balance indoors. Seeing your post is a good reminder to me of what I need to work on.