Thursday, May 24, 2012

Heart Notes on a Thursday Night

When I think of California...

Jason has been in California for 10 days. This summer is still in flux and we aren't quite sure how he is going to be spending all of his time.

The Lord has sustained me in his absence and things have gone really well during his time away. That isn't trite lip service.  It is the way I have honestly seen Jesus love me through these days in nothing short of supernatural ways.

But, it turns out my threshold for doing this solo business is about 9 days. Honestly, I don't miss him for the kid or household help (which he is great at). It is more just that this family is a team sport and doing as an individual just feels amiss.  We are good together and when we are apart, it doesn't feel right.

I stayed up far too late last night watching a movie and missing my husband.  Always a good idea when you are at the end of your rope (ha).

Walker woke up early this morning with a stomachache and throwing up.  Poor kid, when he goes all gray and weak there is nothing I wouldn't do to stop it.  I'm running around getting rags, ice, bowls, medicine and so forth and innocently Eli says, "Mommy after you get Walker his new rag you should pray for him."

Time stops.

I pray over the kids when they get sick, but after I get the mommy remedies going. Why? How prideful of me.  Of course we should pray first and then see where The Lord leads.  Oh Lord, make that my first impulse.  I did stop and pray over him and he recovered more quickly than I can recall.  Thank you, Jesus, for healing my boy.  Thank you for using my little blond boy to remind me to stop and talk to You first.

5.24.2012

So we rented a movie and settled in for a movie morning, under my new favorite favorite thrift store find (isn't it great? $4 and look at that amazing handmade pattern).

5.24.2012

By lunch he was ready for a freeze pop.  He took a good nap and by dinner was back to his zippy self.

5.24.2012

As we were eating our delivery pizza tonight the sunset starting putting on an amazing show.  Colin and I went out to admire all the pink.  And I noticed just how thick and green the grass is.  Jason has been working on bringing back the scorched earth from the incredible heat of last summer.  And here is this thriving lush growth he fostered, just eagerly waiting for his return.

5.24.2012

The scorched earth of last summer.  The Lord is restoring that as well.  Slowly and with much patience and love.

We are awaiting Jason's arrival in the early Saturday morning hours, because this family thing is the best.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Perfect. Beautiful. Love this.