Friday, June 1, 2012

Firefly Hunting

Lightening Bug Walk

Being Southern I've always called them lightening bugs, but I wish I called them fireflies. Fireflies sounds so much more magical, but as much as I've tried to change I still call them lightening bugs. Of course, when writing I can edit myself to sound more magical.

The boys made the great discovery a few weeks ago.  They had seen them before, but never experience the joy of catching the little glowing bugs.

The boys' sweetest little friend was spending the night.  Seriously, Josiah is the most tenderhearted little boy around.  Four busy boys in the house post-dinner, no matter how well behaved, can all benefit from a little walk on our neighborhood trail.  So that is just what we did.

Lightening Bug Walk

And along the trail we were treated with a lovely sighting of hundreds of lightening bugs.  There was much catching, releasing and jumping for joy.

Lightening Bug Walk

The boys were all elated. The evening was suddenly filled with priceless moments.

Lightening Bug Walk

We have spent several nights since chasing and catching fireflies, but none more magical than the first.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Fun, fun pictures!! Love these boys!!!!