Monday, December 31, 2012

The Birthday Celebration

Seaside Birthday Trip

My dear husband is an almost Christmas baby.  When a birthday falls a few short days after Christmas it can be a bit of a bummer. Just being honest, usually the plans for his birthday start on December 26th and involve some groaning and harried shopping.

I wanted this year to be different.  I wanted to plan ahead and make sure the hardest working husband out there felt a tiny bit of the appreciation I fell.

I planned a getaway weekend for us to Seaside.  A chance for us to just be together and enjoy the quiet.

@McKT surprised me with a trip for my birthday. Happy.

We slept in, ate un-rushed meals, enjoyed the scenery,  finished conversations, and enjoyed being able to focus on each other.

Seaside Birthday Trip

With baby number four coming soon, it was not lost on either of us that this was probably our last getaway sans kids for a while.  We soaked it up.

Happy (35th) Birthday, Dear.  So glad to be marching through these years with you.

And here we are, the one picture of us both from our little escape.
Seaside Birthday Trip

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's awesome. You win wife-of-the-year!!

And you are look SO awesomely cute.