Monday, October 28, 2013

Golden Gate Tourist

Golden Gate Bridge

As is the custom when visiting San Francisco, we drove the grandparents over the Golden Gate Bridge. They have been before, but it has been a "few" years.

On the way we stopped by Golden Gate Park and visited the playground and rode the carousel for the first time.

The famous concrete slides
Golden Gate Bridge

Two-thirds of the boys had a blast running up the steps and zipping down the slides.

Golden Gate Bridge

And there was happy baby strolling.
Golden Gate Bridge

And also, Colin being in a sour mood
Golden Gate Bridge
{I have never met a person more in touch with his emotions.  When he is happy is so happy and he gives smiles, hugs and kinds words with abandon.  When he is upset, well that is right on his sleeve too and he is incapable of faking it for anyone.}

The carousel seemed to turn him around (ha...ha) or maybe the promise of ice cream, either way the smiles came.

Riding the carousel
carousel

After the trip over the bridge we took the parents to Fenton's because ice cream and Disney and ice cream.
Fentons

I would say we all enjoyed ourselves to the last drop.

Fentons

We hated to say goodbye, but were so happy to have had our week together.  We will be visiting these memories for years to come.  The blessing of time with our family is often overwhelmingly more than we could ask for.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Great recap! I love your blogs! What a fun visit. And the next time I come, I need to try Fentons :)

Kristine said...

Love the recaps! Great blogs!! And when I come next, I need to visit Fenton's!!

Kristine said...

Love the recap! What great photos! I almost feel like I was there for the grandparent visit :)