Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Rain on Daddy's Car

So this post won't be particularly interesting to everyone, but I know a few people who will enjoy it.

This morning when the boys and I were leaving to take Walker to school, Jason's car was wet from a heavy dew last night. Walker exclaims, "Rain on Daddy's car." He said it several times to make sure I heard it. This immediately took me back to a story about me as a child. It was just his phrasing that seemed so right. As the story goes, there was a light snow and when I saw it I exclaimed, "Snew on Daddy's car." I have heard this story just a few times, and every time my grandpa tells the story I get younger, so I'm not exactly sure how old I was in the story. To this day if there is snow, my dad will say, "snew on daddy's car" with a smile. I think it will be a while before the boys see snow, so it might be as close as he gets to say, "Rain on Daddy's car."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was no light snow. We could not drive, we walked to drug store to get you the plastic Jeep and Van still prominently displayed on our hearth. I think you were not yet 2yrs. Make sure this history is remembered. Love to all.

Anonymous said...

Granda H, is right. Just under two. No Matthew yet but on his way. Thank you for sharing.