Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Tour '07

Eli's first Thanksgiving

IMG_4544.JPG

We are so blessed to have family that loves us. When I stop and think about how many people we have seen over the past 72 hours that care for us and our boys, my heart is touched.

We began our Thanksgiving holiday in Aberdeen, Mississippi. My dad's family has a reunion there every year with somewhere between 50 and 75 people attending. It is great that I know so much of my extended family. My generation is now having their babies, so there were many little ones in attendance. The boys traveled beautifully and it was great to see everyone.

Friday we had lunch with Jason's family. His mother prepared a wonderful meal and both sets of great grandparents were able to attend. Walker and I am battling a cold so it was difficult to keep myself from holding Hannah and Leah, but I was able to stay back, even when Jason had Hannah take a nap on him (so jealous of the baby time).

Saturday finished our turkey time. We headed to my dad's and Jayne's for one more delicious meal. My brother (the other Uncle Matt) and his newly promised fiance, Elaine, were in attendance. Walker ate his last plate of "sweet" (sweet potatoes), which is basically all he ate for three days and we headed home for a good nap.

I have so much to be thankful for, and one of the things that tops the list is our amazing family. This has been a wonderful kick-off to our holiday season.

1 comment:

momx2 said...

Glad yall had a good time & made it back safely!