Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Breaking in the Wagon

Wagon Inauguration

Eli
How precious is a little boy with a sideways hat and a pacifier at the same time!?!

Walker Fixing the Situation
Walker didn't think it was as cute as I did, and proceeded to fix the situation.

I finally got around to putting together the wagon my incredibly understanding in-laws got Walker for his first birthday. The boys and I are staying at home all day, everyday (in hopes of keep Eli away from new germs), so I am trying to find new ways to get some excitement. I put it together during nap and when they woke up I strapped them in and we went on a ride around the neighborhood.

Walker was excited and while Eli wasn't unhappy he wasn't really excited either. I should have realized then that he was feeling so bad. The next day we went to the doctor and found out he had two more really bad ear infections. :( Three days of shots and lots of restless nights he seems to be recovered and doing well now.

The nice thing about the wagon is I can put Eli in it when we are outside instead of having to keep him in the stroller. He is at that wonderful stage where he is almost walking so he wants to be down and playing with his brother, but he isn't quite sturdy enough to stay upright for very long. This means I am having to get creative about ways to keep him happy outside so Walker can play. In a month I think he will be walking well enough to be outside on his own, but he isn't quite there yet. It won't be long, they are both growing up so fast.


No comments: