Thursday, February 21, 2008

McWane with Daddy

Jason had a few days that he had to take off last week or he was going to lose the days. We would have liked to have taken a little family time away, but Eli is still on house arrest. Jason took most of the days to work with his business partners on their venture, Commonthread. But, he did take one morning and focused on Walker.

Walker at McWane Center

Walker at McWane Center

Walker at McWane Center

Walker at McWane Center

He took Walker to the science museum downtown, the McWane Center. I have wanted to take him for a long time, but haven't built up the guts to do it by myself with both boys. Walker had a blast watching the turtles, playing in the giant water table, sending smoke signals, playing with trucks (of course) and digging for dinosaurs. They have a nice area designed for preschoolers that keeps them out of the path of the big kids there on field trips.

After the museum he decided he wanted Moe's for lunch and he greeted all the customers as they came in. You know, "Welcome to Moe's." He arrived at home exhausted and collapsed for a long nap. I got the impression that Jason wanted to do the same, but he headed back out to work. I am so glad they got some time together, I know they both had a blast. Eli and I had a nice morning as well, working on learning to walk without any big brother tackling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Call us to go to the McWane Center sometime. I've taken all of mine before and it's really not that bad! They have a great time running around in the toddler area!
It's really fun!

BlessedMom said...

In the last two weeks (or so) three of your posts have mentioned Eli walking. Are you trying to give Reid a complex???!! ;)

Unknown said...

ok I miss a few days and you have written a novel! I can't believe how big they both are! Seems like yesterday Eli was in his bumbo! Glad Jason got some walker time. I'm sure walker just ate that up!!!

Oh and to respond to hannah doing anything on cue ... U didn't see the hour of video I got in attempt to record her rolling over, only to have herbfinally do it again when I turned it off...