Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trains, Trains Everywhere

Walker waiting to ride the train

Our first morning visiting my grandparents, Grandma mentioned that there was a train museum in the area. I looked up The Southeastern Railway Museum and it seemed a lot like The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum that the boys love to visit near us. So we loaded up and headed out.

The entire way there Walker kept saying, "We're going to ride a train." I wasn't sure if they had a train ride, or just train exhibits so I told him, "I don't know if we are going to get to ride a train, but we are going to see some trains." To which he responded, repeatedly, "We are not going to see the trains we are going to ride a train."

I began to worry that a meltdown was coming, but it turns out Walker was right. With admission to the museum you get a ride on a real train. It was as if he had willed it to be.

Waiting on the train.
Walker and Grandma Waiting

Eli became very unhappy while we were waiting. I couldn't decide if he was tired, hungry, or just missing his usual train riding buddy (Grin), but in any case after sufficient amount of fussing I gave in and let him have his pacifier. We haven't had to do that in public in a while, but he was pitiful.

Eli Not Happy While Waiting

Eli still wants the pacifier

The train ride calmed him down.
On the train

The boys operating an old steam engine.
Boys working on the train

Boys working on the train

Stationary exhibit inside...do not try this at home.
Don't try this at home

Don't try this at home

3 comments:

Gillispie Blog said...

Ya'll love some vehichles, I don't think I spelled that right. Anways, cute pics!!

momx2 said...

That sad face is priceless!

Sara said...

I love the pics!