Friday, August 8, 2008

Local and Organic Fruit...

...Straight from Pops' backyard. My dad has two giant fig trees in his backyard.

Picking Figs with Pops

We went over to visit last weekend and Walker helped pick a snack right off the tree.

Eating Figs with Pops

Walker enjoyed them a little too much and I was worried about the effects (mommy's you know what I mean), but he seemed alright. Eli enjoyed one also, but wasn't as interested as Walker. I know my dad is excited to have a fig eating buddy.

Pops' Backyard

This brings back wonderful memories of me picking fruit right out of my grandparent's backyard when I was little. My favorite were their blueberries. I guess the boys will just have to wait and see what else Pops grows over the years.

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

Yummm!!!

Unknown said...

YUM! We need to "do" camp together next year!