Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fall Festival

Last Sunday our neighborhood had a fall festival. My dad and Jayne came over to go with the boys and to celebrate my dad's birthday.

The fireman and giraffe had a Pops driven wagon ride to the festival.
Riding to the Neighborhood Fall Festival

Walker got a tractor ride (okay I know it is a lawnmower, but the kids thought it was pretty cool).
Walker riding the "tractor"

Eli was the most precious giraffe there.
Eli

Eli got very excited when Grandma Jayne came. He even ran out in front of the "tractor."
Eli and Grandma Jayne

Walker did great at bobbing for apples, and then eating his apple. Right up until the trick-or-treat part, and then I ended up with a half eaten apple in my hand.
Walker successfully bobbing for apples

I surprised dad by signing his birthday card from "The Five McCay's" to share our big baby news with him.
Pops finding out about the new baby

Pops finding out about the new baby

It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Everyone had a good time and I am glad Pops and Grandma Jayne were able to come over and see the boys in their more than adorable costumes.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Okay...so I have to know. Was Pops' reaction staged or were you sitting out with a camera when you gave him the card? Either way it was very creative.