Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Everyone

Disney Trip 2009

This year Disney's big theme is celebrating. On your birthday they will give you a free ticket (which if you know what Disney tickets cost, is a big deal), so we scheduled our vacation to be there on my birthday.

They even give you a snazzy button to wear so everyone can wish you a happy birthday. You know what you realize when someone is offering a big freebie with lots of celebrating for your birthday? Every fifth person has your birthday. Seriously, everywhere I looked I saw people with the birthday buttons. You go through life thinking it is your special day, but really you share it with about 10,000 people and all the people I share it with were in Disney World this year. :)

Not that I let that rain on my parade (haha, Disney - parade, anyway). I got my fabulous free admission, lots of happy birthdays, a free cupcake and pixie dust sprinkled on our table. Overall a very good deal, and a birthday unlike any I have had before.

When we got back to our room that night, even though it was late we had cake. We had super special chocolate cake straight from the Disney bakery, complete with chocolate Mickey Mouses as a border. A perfect end to my First 29th Birthday.

Disney Trip 2009

3 comments:

momx2 said...

What an awesome way to spend a birthday!!

Unknown said...

Katy~ you look fantastic!!!! Happy belated bday!

Kristine said...

What a fun way to spend your 1st 29th... since you're going to be on 29 forever, right? :) You don't look a day over 28!! Love ya!