Saturday, May 23, 2009

Celebrating Colin

Celebrating Colin

Celebrating Colin

My sweet friend Sara organized a girls night out to celebrate Colin's upcoming arrival . I told her it wasn't necessary and that by no means were presents to be included, but we all know that good friends never listen.

We had a great night out at the Cheesecake Factory and the ladies all went together to get a few things for our new baby.


First, they got us an ear infection checker. After the history we have with Walker and Eli this will be a huge stress reliever. Just to know if we need to head to the doctor or not is wonderful (our pediatrician actually used this exact device on Sara's son to check for fluid, so even better).

Second, they got us a thermometer for the ear. This we can use on all three kids and not have to fight the squirmy wormies or wonder if we are putting the thermometer in the right place.

What thoughtful friends to get us things that really will take some of the stress of these baby years off mommy and daddy!

Thank you so much to all the ladies who came out to celebrate and who have sent their well wishes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A while back I was looking at the ear infection detector, and did not want to spend $50, with that link it was on sale for $30!!!! I just ordered one too, hopefully it will save me trips to the dr! I am so excited for you and baby Colin, can't wait to see pics. You are in my prayers!

Sara said...

And Cheesecake Factory is definitely the best place ever for baby showers! Good food, good atmosphere and good service! And of course....GREAT cheesecake! :)

Hannah said...

Aww, some of my favorite girls! I'm so glad you guys had fun celebrating Colin! Can't wait to meet him!