Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunny Day, Run and Play

Walker Swinging
Walker, December 2007 at our favorite park. *

Today the weather is a beautiful gift after a few days of rain and clouds.

We made a trip to our favorite park.  Because, you know, we have three days of need-to-play-outside built up, that has to go somewhere.  The park is made to accommodate the little guys, but it also is low on the "mud quotient." Which is especially important post-lotsa-rain.

It was one of those, "they are growing up before my very eyes," trips.

Baby learned how to go up the stairs and down the slide, all by himself.  Like, he didn't need my assistance for large blocks of time.  Grateful, but wow.

Walker and Eli played together some, but they also made friends independent of each other and played apart for a good part of the time.  This is new and different.  Usually they are within feet of each other.  They are spreading their wings, not only from me, but from each other.  Again, grateful, but wow.

I love the new people they are becoming as they are more and more independent, but I also miss their baby ways.  It makes me realize more each day, they are not mine to keep.

Eli, January 2008, at our favorite park.*
Happy Eli

*I was camera-less today, so these are pictures from a couple of years ago.  Same park, same cute kids +1.

No comments: