Thursday, January 27, 2011

10 Years and a Million Miles


We began as babies.  We really had no idea what this marriage thing was going to be or could be.  We knew we were in love and we knew that we both felt the strong call of the Lord to marry. 

The Lord has been so faithful to us in our marriage.  He has blessed us in each other, with children, with family, with friends and growth, but mostly he has blessed us by drawing us near to Him.

We are different people than we were 10 years ago.  I have grown so much I barely know the girl he took as his bride.  I am so grateful to the Lord of Hosts who saw fit to provide me with this amazing husband to guide me and lead me.  Saying "I do" 10 years ago started a journey that has made me want to say thousands times, "I do, I do, I do!"  


Jason teaches me so much about my Savior who pursues me, who loves me, who desires good for me, who empowers me, who forgives me, who provides for me, and who comforts me.  He embodies Ephesians 5:25,  "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,"


Same spot, this past summer.  Picture taken with a cell phone.  
{My 10-year-ago-self would be laughing at the thought of pictures taken with a phone and then published to my personal website. HA!}
{PS 2010 2009}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great post! Congratulations!

Hannah said...

Congrats! Love you guys!

The Farmer Files said...

Happy anniversary! Have fun on your trip!