Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Most Beautiful Party, Ever.

Last night, upon Jason arriving home, the whispers began.  There were secrets being kept from mommy.  There was much busyness in the playroom.  After dinner was complete Walker announces, "Your party is ready."

Walker had decided to set up a party in my honor so, of course, it had to be a secret from me.

Eli and Walker build a myriad of sculptures to decorate the wall with.

Post-Dinner Party

Post-Dinner Party

And he decorated with hanging binoculars.  Cause that is the look he was going for.

Post-Dinner Party

He asked to turn on the fireplace, because that would make it, "most beautiful."

Post-Dinner Party

He was right.
Post-Dinner Party

He asked for music.  So he went and opened my computer.  (I don't think these kids will ever know what a stereo is.)  We choose the Pandora Beach Boys station.  It was perfect.

We were told to sit in front of the fire (in their perfect-size-for-kids chairs), and we were showered with gifts of toys from every corner of the house.

Post-Dinner Party

And Daddy taught the boys things like making darts stick to ceiling fans (oy).

Post-Dinner Party

Post-Dinner Party

And were you aware that half of a cement mixer barrel makes a great dachshund party hat?  Doesn't she look oh so amused?

Post-Dinner Party

Baby was still in extreme cuddle mode (as he was all day yesterday), so he didn't mind one bit.

Post-Dinner Party

At one point during the festivities I looked over at Jason and said, "This is when I wish we were on a reality television show, so every moment could be documented forever."  I mean I don't want every moment documented, only the good ones, and this was a very good one.

I can't believe Walker came up with a thought like this all on his own and executed it.  There were decorations, music, dancing, presents, and most importantly all of us in the same room enjoying every moment.  It was a perfect night for a party.

2 comments:

Pam said...

That is so sweet!!

The Rhea Lane Families said...

I might have a tear welling up. What a lovely family you have! What a good momma you are! I love you!