Friday, March 8, 2013

33 Years and 1 Day

I have now spent two birthdays at Brookwood Medical Center, my original and my 33rd.  By all accounts, both were fantastic.

On the 33rd celebration there were a slew of darling visitors there to soak in the beauty of Miss Lydia.

The most important visitors.

Lydia's Arrival

There are not words to express how much the boys already love her.  It does a momma heart so good.

Lydia's Arrival

Eli getting her first sort-of-smiley picture.

Lydia's Arrival

Cousins showing her just how to pose for the camera.

Lydia's Arrival

Great-Grandparents who never miss a birthday.

Lydia at home

Proud Grandmas

Lydia's Arrival

Lydia's Arrival

An Uncle who came bearing donuts and cupcakes.

Lydia at home

Dear friends and their future babysitters.

Lydia at home

As I sat on that uncomfortable hospital bed in the late hours of my birthday eating a cupcake with a dirty fork and dropping crumbs on my new daughter's nursing head I could not think of a more amazing way to celebrate.

As nice as it was, when it was time to go we were more than ready.

And then on the blustery last day of February they let us come home.  And everyone sighed with joy.

Lydia at home

No comments: