Monday, March 18, 2013

Overwhelmed

I have been beyond blessed by our dear family and friends over the first few weeks of Lydia's life.  I have been given the opportunity to just be with my baby girl, which is no small feat with baby number four.

There have been meals and childcare and daytime naps and washed laundry and desserts and time to enjoy these fleeting moments of tiny babyhood.  Each night when I look at her I feel the pressing reality that she will never be smaller than she is in this moment.  It makes the support I have received that much sweeter.

And the biggest support has been Jason who now has three busy boys to care for on a much more full time basis while baby girl is much more inclined to mommy. {He is so good at it}

These first few weeks have been a blessing I will forever be grateful for.



Last week we did attempt to start back our school routine and overall it went very well.  The boys were amazingly flexible to work around little sister's feeding and napping schedule, and my ring sling is my best friend.



It is a bit different from when Colin was little.  Now it isn't about getting the baby settled so I can take a shower or brush my teeth.  It's get the baby settled and plow through as much school as allowed.  I wouldn't have it any other way, but it is becoming apparent that there is going to have to be a bit more planning (and less sleep) if I am to wash my hair and stuff.

The routine feels nice and I am excited for us to puzzle together meeting everyone's needs and enjoying our days as a family of six.

{It helps immensely that these boys love her too the moon and back.}

No comments: