Friday, December 28, 2007

Daddy's 30th Birthday




Just over week ago my wonderful husband turned 30! A family get-together was planned, but his poor family all got sick, so that was postponed.

While daddy was at work, Walker planned a wonderful celebration. First we went to Target to pick up a few things, and I kept telling the boys we were going shopping for daddy's birthday. Walker relayed this message to anyone who came within 10 feet of him, "It's for daddy's, birthday." Well, everything but the formula, he did concede that was for Eli.

Our Target has a Starbucks at the front. As soon as Walker saw it he started yelling, "FOR DADDY'S BIRTHDAY." We rolled over there and he insisted that we get daddy a new travel coffee cup. He really got that it was a present, not something he already had.

Then another light bulb went off..."Daddy Birthday, EAT CAKE!" He had made the connection between eating cake, and it being a birthday (ahh, but haven't we all). I had planned to make cupcakes with the boys, but with late naps and evening plans, we made a quick run to my bakery (Publix) instead.

I fed the boys an early dinner and when daddy got home we had an early party with cake and presents. Then my dad (Pops) showed up on rather short notice (not that I ever give him much) and Jason and I headed out to a wonderfully romantic dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Brio.

A bit more of a low key birthday than I had hoped for the big 3-0, but absolutely perfect. Oh, and Eli participated in all the birthday preparations, but he just didn't say much.

1 comment:

momx2 said...

Happy 30th...mine's coming soon. Cool cake!!