Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me





Grandma Jayne, Pops and Walker

Walker, Hannah and Eli "Playing"

My dad and Jayne threw a wonderful party for our family. It has been a while since everyone has gotten together, so it was nice to have everybody in one place. My grandparents came from Aberdeen and Atlanta, my aunt and cousin came and Matt, Allyson and the girls were able to come as well. Jason's Dad made it, but his mom was working so she had to miss it (see later notes).

Highlights of the party:
  • Walker kissing/spitting on Hannah. It was so precious, he did such a nice job of giving her a kiss, but he left her with quite a wet mark on her head as well.
  • My name, made entirely of cheese ball
  • The beautiful cake
  • Presents. :) No matter how old you are.
  • Eli wowing everyone with his walking abilities.
  • Grandma and Grandpa Hermie looking into real estate... across the street.
  • Walker making sure Eli had one of Pop's trucks to play with, before playing with his.
  • Everyone being well behaved, even though naps were delayed.
Jason's mom wasn't able to make it to the party because she had planned to work on Saturday, so that she could give me a day off for my birthday. So last week I was given an entire day free of child care duties. I began the day at the salon for a new haircut, followed by much shopping to spend all the gift cards and money I had received as birthday presents. I usually have difficulty parting with my money, but on this trip I did not have that problem. I bought things I wouldn't have otherwise, and haven't regretted it for a moment. Jason was able to join me at the end of the day for a date. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner out together, and we even had a gift card for that. A day of pampering, shopping, and romance, and nothing came out of our budget, how nice!

Thank you so much to all that made this birthday feel so special. I feel very valued and am so glad you were able to be a part of it.

4 comments:

Keith and Meredith said...

What - no pictures of the new haircut?

Seriously, Happy Birthday!

momx2 said...

Katy! Its your birthday- where are the pictures of you?!?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I would have made it but, you know, I was in california.

Jenny G said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well, belated now.