Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thanks Uncle Map!

Last weekend Jason's brother, Uncle Matt, gave us a family membership to McWane Center. I was so excited to use it. You know, fun summer excitement that is air conditioned and free! The boys and I headed there Tuesday morning and had a blast.

They played with the water table and giant blocks, which are favorites from when they have been before.

McWane Center


After that we headed upstairs to play in their new area, The Itty Bitty Magic City. Walker did not want to leave his favorites downstairs, but when he saw what they had upstairs, he was so excited.

It is like it was designed for my boys personally. There are all sorts of wonderful hands on activities for them to play with, all made in their size. They boys played with train tables, a pick-up truck, a excavator and even a grocery store complete with a moving conveyor belt.

McWane Center
Note the level of concentration. He spent a solid 30 minutes at this one train table before he even notice there were other things to play with.

McWane Center

McWane Center

There is a lot more stuff than that, but that is all Walker and Eli got to that day. The only way I could get Walker to calm down when it was time to go, was to promise him we would be back soon. And of course, I could do that because of our wonderful family membership!

Oh, and Walker has decided to call Uncle Matt, "Uncle Map." If I try to correct him, he corrects me. My brother is also a Matt, so I figure he is just trying to make things easier by renaming one of them.

6 comments:

Peter said...

McWane is a lifesaver! Since our house has become the designated gathering place for the extended family, McWane has been put to use many times entertaining the nieces and nephews. Most recently this June, when my brother's two kids and Grandma visited from Chicago. They also renamed us- We are now known as Uncle Broccoli (I am known in the family as "Rocky") and Aunt Taffy...

Anonymous said...

So, what you are saying, is that I win in the "Who's going to be called Uncle Matt" debate.

Anonymous said...

So what you are saying is that I win in the "Who's going to called Uncle Matt" debate. Excellent.

Jenny G said...

Where did Walker's hair go???

Holly Browder said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I hope the Itty Bitty City stays for a while! It is the greatest place for these little ones!

BlessedMom said...

Walker looks JUST LIKE Jason with his hair so short!!!! His hair was the only thing that still made him look older than Eli...you're going to get the dreaded, "are they twins?" question a heck of a lot more now!