Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Mommy Moment

The boys have had one of those summer colds the past few days. They have been needy and whiny and generally demanding. All of this is fine. It is part of the mommy job to give a little more when they need a little more. But, you know what, every now and then I get a super unexpected bonus that more than makes up for it all.

This morning both boys climbed up in my lap in our big rocking chair and let me rock and read to them for a good long while. We even sat and watched most of a Blue's Clues like that.

I cannot remember a time when both of them sat still long enough for us to have that kind of close cuddle time all together.

It was that perfect mommy moment where both of my little boys in my arms. Of course it never would have happened if they both weren't feeling a little bad and wanting to be held and still. But that little moment is locked in my memory, just for me. When they are all big grown men and wouldn't dream of being squished next to each other by their momma, I will still have that moment. It makes wiping noses all day more of a honor than a requirement.

5 comments:

momx2 said...

How sweet.

Kristine said...

Aw. I'm tearing up. So glad you got that moment. They grow up so fast!

Unknown said...

Aww! I know exactly how you feel! The girls won't let me cuddle with them anymore unless they fall asleep on me at night or at naptime with their bottles... and that will soon be ending! They are always too busy. I am glad you had this moment. It gives me a glimmer of hope! :) I hope the boys feel better soon!

Gillispie Blog said...

I love a good cuddle!

Sara said...

Awww...I wish Isaac would let me cuddle. Cuddling for him means sitting in your lap for about 5 seconds before finding something else to lunge at! :)