Friday, February 20, 2009

Break Out the Monogramming Machines!

This child has a name! I don't know why I worry about it every time. Each time there has been a moment when Jason and I just know the right name has been given to us.

I love being able to call him by name, especially when he is dancing on my bladder.

Drum roll please...

Baby Boy #3 is Colin Joseph. We couldn't be more pleased.

We like Colin because it is a strong name and it goes well with our last name. I had actually been telling people that I like "c" names and two syllable names - this fits both. It was also my great grandfather's middle name, that he gave himself.

Joseph is from Jason's grandfather, "Dandy." The name is also for one of our favorite Old Testament personalities.

Walker is calling him by name now, and it is precious. I'm glad he came around to mommy and daddy's name for the baby, since he really wanted to name him Train Conductor.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know why I just saw this today! I love Colin Joseph!
What a great name!!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with "train conductor?" Although Colin Joseph is a bit more practical :o)

Kristine said...

Beautiful name! And our family would have enjoyed calling him Train Conductor. :)

momx2 said...

I like it!! Goes well with Walker & Eli too!! Maybe walker can call him tc! Call up Michelle- get that name on a bag!! Colin McCay- sounds like a movie star;)

BlessedMom said...

I love the name!!! I can't believe you were able to think of another boy's name so quickly. I would have the hardest time!

The Keoughs said...

Yes, I do love it! Train Conoductor McKay does have a nice ring to it. TC Mckay.....hmmmmm.
Colin......very nice.

Jenny G said...

Love the name!

Keith and Meredith said...

Yay! He has a name! Congrats guys!

Allyson said...

so our family now has 3 "jon and kate" names :) colin, hannah, and leah :)

Gillispie Blog said...

Adorable! I love it so much!