Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Living Room Tent

A week ago or so, when it was still so cold and the boys and I were trying to stay occupied inside, one of my bright ideas was to build a tent. Not a real tent mind you, rather one made out of blankets and kitchen chairs.
The Living Room Tent

It went pretty well. The boys had fun dragging all sorts of toys in there (note the giant fluffy dogs and dump truck parts). Really the only trouble is that Eli didn't want to slow down and lift the door, so sometimes he took the tent down on his way in.
The Living Room Tent

Now Walker wants to have it up all the time, even if he only goes in once a day.
The Living Room Tent

It is good to know that things that were fun for my brother and I when we were little are still fun for my boys. Somethings can stand the test of time (just not the need for kitchen chairs at dinner time).

4 comments:

Jenny G said...

We did this too a few weeks ago! My brother and I loved doing that when we were kids!!!

Sara said...

Awww....I used to love doing that as a kid! The problem with building one for Isaac is that I will have to make sure it is big enough for Ben since I am sure he would want to "play" too! :)

Hannah said...

Oh, I loved that as a kid. We would make whole villages that took up the entire playroom. Since there were no kitchen chairs left sometimes we got to eat in our tents too! So fun.

Peter said...

Didn't you recently get a new dishwasher? Big cardboard appliance boxes are the BEST toys!