Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventure is Out There!

Fenton's Ice Cream

I read this post last week about Fenton's Creamery in Oakland.  I sent it to Jason and mentioned adding it to our must do list.  I mean ice cream, diner food and Disney; what more could the McCays need?

Jason realized that we could all use those things sooner rather than later so we headed out Saturday evening.

We drove through San Francisco (not totally worth the traffic) so the boys (and me!) got to go over the Bay Bridge for the first time. That was exciting with a tunnel, big boats and the biggest cranes ever in the port on the other side.

The place was hopping being a Saturday night and all, but we were buzzed for a table before we found a parking space so it worked out well.

The food was good.  They have chicken fingers (a rarity in this area)! So we loaded up on our greasy diner foods, but saved room for the highlight of the meal - the ice cream.

Fenton's Ice Cream

Lest you worry that you won't get enough hot fudge.
Fenton's Ice Cream

Colin approves.
Fenton's Ice Cream
And Eli ordered a milkshake, so Colin could carry the title of messiest child all by himself.

Fenton's Ice Cream
MongoHQ, the hottest thing in the Silicon Valley, eats at Fenton's. You should, too.

2 comments:

Mrs. Butler said...

I'm TOTALLY coming with you the next time you go! ...Just give me about 3 months notice so I can figure out how to get out there... :)

The Rhea Lane Families said...

Oh my! this looks amazing! (read the inserted blog post also!) Im in with Becca... as soon as we can get there I'd love to add this to our 'must stop' list!

I love you sugah.