Tuesday, June 28, 2011

God Breathed Life

*

It is hard to find the new place between the grief and the life we are called to live.

The Lord is teaching me about numbering my days.  Oh, how I long for heaven and the end to the sin and suffering of this world more than ever before.

Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."

Ann Voskamp says it much better than I can.  Go visit her blessed words, and it will bless you.

Our time here is brief and our time with our children is but a small fraction of that vapor.  So while grieving our Riley, we are taking the time to intentionally love Walker, Eli and Colin and make our time with them count.

I will be thankful for the grief we are walking through and I will be thankful for joy we are being given and believe that they can exist together.

*The days are filled with moments of joy to be pushing my sweet boy in a swing and being keenly aware of the empty swing next to him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post and the picture is so sweet and sad at the same time. It certainly does make me wonder what we are doing...and makes me want to spend even more time with my family and long for eternity.