Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 20, 2011

Last Monday night, our precious fourth child was born straight to heaven.

This is easily the hardest, most humbling, most God-revealing experience I have ever had.

Our baby was exactly 12 weeks.  We do not know if we had a boy or a girl, so we have named him or her Riley.

The Lord has comforted us in miraculous ways.  He has used the body of Christ, both near and far, to care for us in amazing ways.

We are praising God for the blessings he has poured out on us even in our extreme grief.

Lamentations 3:22-24
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
   his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
    "therefore I will hope in him."


Thank you to so many of you have been praying and will continue. This means so much.

8 comments:

Alexis said...

My heart, love, & prayers for healing & comfort are with you.

Hannah said...

Oh Katy, I am so sorry to hear. I can't help but think of the Watermark song "Glory Baby"- "Baby let sweet Jesus hold you til Mom and Dad can hold you. You'll just have heaven before we do"
Praying for you guys.

Michelle and Jason said...

Katy, I love you and your sweet family. You guys will remain in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I cannot express how sorry I am. Just sent you an email

Alice Morgado said...

So sorry to hear that, Katy. Praying for ya'll.

campbellodeon said...

Katy & Jason, I am truly sorry for your loss.

My wife, Stacey, and I went through this with our fourth. We found solace in knowing that we were not alone.

And neither are you.

If it offers any comfort, we went on to be blessed with two more healthy boys to go with the three we already had.

We wonder if that was our little girl and God decided to bring her home early. It is not for us to know.

God bless you and Jason.

- Jason E. Campbell

Richard and Christy Pearce said...

Katy and Jason,
I am a bit late, just read this post. I am so so sorry for your loss! Thank you for sharing your life and baby Riley's story with us. I agree with Jason Campbell, you absolutely are not alone. Please call me if you need anything at all or have any questions about ob stuff. God is good and is with you, Jason, and your beautiful babies.
Prayers for peace, presence and healing.

Rachel said...

I don't know how, but I missed this somehow. I am so sorry - even though this was so long ago, my heart hurts for you!!