Monday, June 6, 2011

Still Exploring

Last Friday we headed down to San Jose to the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo.

Now, let me stop right there. It only took 25 minutes to get there, but people around here think that is crazy.  Anywhere out of your 5 mile radius is a crazy far drive.  This is hilarious since it took me 45 minutes to get to the Birmingham Zoo at home, and really it took me 30 minutes to get just about anywhere.  People here don't live the same type of suburban driving life that folks south of Birmingham live.

Now, back to the adventure.

The place was really more park with a side of zoo, but it was perfect for the boys.

Look at that treehouse!
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
I shall never admit how many times I lost sight of Walker.  He had a blast running, and climing, and sliding and was not terribly concerned about staying in my line of sight. But, in the end he made it out for lunch, so all's well that ends well.

Walker wanted to ride the roller coaster all by himself.  I told him to pull the safety bar all the way to his tummy, but failed to mention he had to wait until the lady unlocked it.  He was a bit panicked for 10 seconds that his safety bar wouldn't come down.  My little rule follower.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

His only comment when he got off, "It was fast." And, he declined a second ride. 
I thought I was taking the kids to a zoo. No animals, yet, but Walker has rode a roller coaster.

Driving police cars and fire trucks.  
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

The fire trucks had working bells. {Ring, Ring, Ring}
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

Colin's second favorite thing was the macaws.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

"Bird, Bird, Bird!"
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

His most favorite thing was the carousel.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

It was our last stop on the way out and everyone enjoyed it.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

Well, not everyone. I mean I don't really do well with the going round and round in circles thing, but I do love my kids. So, round and round I went.

Colin giggled the whole time.  Eli is yelling out in the background every time his goes up. Fun.


Parting shot on the way out.  No one was interested, but I made them stand there nonetheless.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo

They had a blast and have already asked when we are going back.

{Which is just fine. The place is a partner with the McWane center in Birmingham so we can go as much as we like for just the price of parking!} 

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

So fun that you are soaking in CA. ;)

The Rhea Lane Families said...

I love this park! Can we add this to our places to check out when we come for a visit?! I love you sweet lady and hope you're having a MARVELOUS (!) day!