Thursday, September 20, 2007

Outside Play




Finally, the extreme temperatures have broken and we are able to enjoy the wonderful outdoors. Every afternoon after snack and seeing the school bus we go to the backyard. Walker has a blast 'mowing' the grass and Eli absolutely loves to swing with me on the patio. No matter what the boys' mood was before, as soon as the outside air hits there face they are happy. I pray their love of the outdoors remains as they get older.

We are also able to enjoy the park once again. We have a great park just a few miles from the house (Joe Tucker Park). It has the cushioned Astroturf and activities that are great for toddlers and older kids alike. Walker absolutely loves to go and has conquered everything but the 'big slide'. He will climb to the top look down, and the go back down the stairs. He will slide soon, and then I will cry because he is growing up to fast.

Eli is usually well behaved at the park (remember the outside mood control) and enjoys watching all the kids run around. You can see on his face how much he wants to get out and run with his brother, and it won't be long for that either. Of course, I will cry when that happens too, because he too is growing up so fast.

The other neat thing about this park, is it is the same park my parents took me to play at when I was little. That is one of the nice side effects of raising your children in the same area you grew up in. You get to see your children in places you remember from your childhood. Pops and Grandma Jayne joined us at the park on Sunday and we got some good pictures from that trip. It was neat to have my Dad and my boys with me in a place that holds such fond memories.

No comments: