Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sick Again

Walker recovering on the couch from his illness

Walker has a stomach bug. Yesterday morning it started at breakfast and continued until he was in bed for the night. It is so pitiful. An adult in his situation would have gone to the doctor, gotten some medicine and slept until the illness had moved on. No such luck for kids, withhold food and small sips of beverages is the only treatment this toddler gets.

I had really hoped that the boys would be able to avoid many illnesses with me staying at home, but the opposite seems to be true. Walker has never had a stomach bug and we are doing everything we can to keep Eli from catching it. My two best friends right now are bleach and Lysol.

Walker is doing much better today. He is keeping some Pedialyte down and a piece of toast. He has also taken two naps, which he was unable to do yesterday. We have watched Cars several times and Daddy took him out to swing this morning, which keeps his mood pretty good, considering.

I also think I am being taught something about specific prayers. It is easy to pray, "make him better," and be disappointed with out instant results because of my impatience. Praying, "let him keep down this 2 ounces of fluid," and seeing it happen is a huge reminder that God cares about my little boy's empty and upset stomach. Thank you, Jesus, for letting my little boy eat a piece of toast and begin to get hydrated.

4 comments:

BlessedMom said...

I want to hug him and make him feel better! The poor guy. I'm thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Let him know his uncle is sick too, but I'm trying to get better for this weekend.

momx2 said...

Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Gush, he is so cute.
I wish and pray that he will be a healthy kid

Zamira Ikramova